Well 12 weeks to go, give or take the baby's punctuality...
We went to the doctor today and now we will go every 2 weeks. Here is the report card:
-BP (105/56)
-Baby's hearbeat (144 bpm)
-Fundal height (31 cm) This is the tape measure thing I wasn't sure about before...this time, I asked. It should be +/- about 2 cm from what my weeks are...so it's +3, so I am measuring a bit big. No worries though, she said this is a 'poor man's way of measuring progress', those were her words and she didn't seem too concerned at all. She said we will see what the ultrasound says and if the baby is measuring larger, then we will just schedule ANOTHER ultrasound closer to baby time to monitor the baby's size. So we have nearly 3 more steps before we can say if the baby is going to be big, or early or late...so everyone can hold their bets.
-Other -
------I had to do the glucose test today for standard gestational diabetes screening. The orange drink wasn't THAT bad...but it wasn't good either, so glad it's over. They said no news is good news, so we will see. I am an optimist, so I think I won't hear anything.
------We got our form to fill out for pre-registration to the hospital for when it is "time"...WOW that's scary, or exciting, or both...
------Next appointment, two weeks.
Random note, when the girl was taking my blood she asked my due date, I told her, and she says, WHOA, you are big...is there just one baby in there??? Hmmmmm, well my belly is big, but I didn't think I was a freak or anything. I am walking for exercise, eating pretty good (I have had some baked goods and candy on a few occasions, I can't help it!!)....so I will try to ignore this phlebotomist and just keep up my fairly good routine.
That's it for now....