Thursday, August 26, 2010

25 weeks

Well there isn't a whole lot to update on...but I thought I better write something.  I went to the doctor on Tuesday, not too eventful, pretty short and sweet...checked my blood pressure (102/64), weighed me (I didn't look, although if I did, I doubt I would tell anyone what it was anyways, haha), and checked the baby's heartbeat (155bpm)...oh and did that measure thing with tape measure looking thing...I have no idea what's going on there, so I don't have any stats on that.  Anyways, doctor said everything looked great and she sent me on my way.  I go back in 3 weeks (at 28 weeks) and then she said it will be every 2 weeks after that.  I do believe it will start going by faster and faster...especially since it will be September next week!  My favorite time of year (fall and football!!), so I am hoping it doesn't go by TOO fast.
The baby has been moving like crazy, it is very very squirmy.  Beau can feel it move also, so he has been pretty entertained about how hard it kicks/punches.  He/she mostly can be predicted to be moving at bedtime and first thing in the morning, but also moves at various times throughout the day...quite active this little one is!
As for me, I just feel as if I am growing by the day...I feel like my belly looks pretty big and I still have 3 months to go...so I can't imagine.  Sometimes I see myself in a mirror and think, whoa, I sure do look pregnant.  Anyways, so that causes strangers (mostly in the airports when I have been traveling for work) to ask questions, lots of questions...at least no stranger has touched my belly, I would not like that!!  So, anyways...questions some strangers have asked (along with some questions from friends and family), I guess I should answer here....
Sex - as most everyone knows (I think), we are not finding out the sex.  We think it is exciting and fun to be waiting.  It has not been that hard, I did kind of want to peek at the ultrasound about a month ago, but I didn't and I am glad. 
Room - well yes, not knowing the sex does make the room a little more interesting, but I am not that worried about it.  I mean, we can actually wait to get gender specific bedding if that is what I decide because at first we can use the bassinet and its neutral bedding.  (I do have a bassinet, my parents bought it for us, I really like it...it has wheels so I can just scoot it around whereever in the house.)  As for painting, I hate painting...Beau's mom and my mom both offered their painting services, but I don't really think we need to paint.  The room has khaki-ish colored walls and I think that will do because then we can go either way.
Names - we have a list of names for both a boy and a girl...we aren't going to decide until the baby is born.  Actually we did these lists a month or so ago and now I am thinking we need to re-visit and add more, take some off, etc.
How have I been buying stuff (not knowing sex) - well I haven't...I haven't bought anything.  I am excited, I promise...it's just I haven't had the urge to buy things.  Which is odd for me, I like to buy all sorts of stuff, especially baby stuff...I love buying people baby gifts.  Part is probably due to the fact that Beau doesn't like a lot of 'stuff' around...I think he is having a fear of all this stuff just stacking up and becoming just more than he can handle.  Ha!  He is a minimalist of sorts.  Anyways, all we have right now is the bassinet that I mentioned and a baby's blanket that Beau's mom made (knitted or crocheted, I always get confused which is which). 
Work -  I get 6 weeks of maternity leave...and then I will continue to work.  I am very lucky to be able to work from home, only traveling to Oklahoma when I need to visit clients.  The timing of the baby could not be more perfect, first because maternity leave will fall during the holiday times when I don't hear from many clients anyways and also because my maternity leave will end when we go into tax season.  It would be unlikely I would need to visit clients during tax season (most tax clients don't mind just using phone and email), so I will be able to stay here to work.  That will be nice becasuse I won't have to travel with the baby or travel without the baby until later.  Until then, I am trying like crazy to get a bunch of work out before the baby...which I should be able to do, I am just hoping I do not get put on some sort of travel restriction because I do have an audit scheduled in mid-October.  My doctor just said that it should be fine but we will play it by ear. 

Anyways, LONG post, so I will stop.  I will update again after our next doctor's appointment.