Friday, July 23, 2010

20 Weeks

Well we are halfway there...I have said this before, but I am not sure if I think this is going by fast or slow. 
Anyways, I went to the doctor yesterday and Beau and I went to get an ultrasound today. 
Yesterday was very quick...my blood pressure was good, my weight was good (up, of course, but very reasonable) and the baby's heart rate was good (155bpm).  That was really it.
Today, the ultrasound was pretty long...they looked at quite a bit, looked at the heart, the kidneys, stomach, brain, reproductive organs (we didn't look though!), and some other stuff that I just wasn't sure about.  They did some measurements to help determine the baby's size.  They are thinking about 14 ounces right now, almost a pound!  They said everything looked very good and right on schedule.  They also said the baby is in breech position right now, but nothing to worry about because obviously he or she has plenty of time to turn around!  I did get to feeling a little funny during the ultrasound, I guess my position and baby's position caused some of my blood supply to be cut off (is what they told me).  Anyways, I suppose I almost passed out, I have never passed out before, so I didn't know what was happening.  I hate to whine or be a whimp so I likely waited a little long before mentioning it, but now I know.  They just had to sit me up, then put me on my left side, but I guess it is not that out of the ordinary, so no one is too concerned. 
So, below are some pictures...a couple 3D ones of the baby's face and one of the 3D ones show the baby's leg right by the face, so he or she must be all scrunched up in there!
Besides all the appointment news, not much else to report.  I feel good.  I have been gaining some weight, but not too much, so I think I am in good shape.  I have been going to the gym to walk or Beau and I will walk at night so that is good too...apparantly exercise helps not only with weight gain, but with labor and delivery.  That is what they say, but who knows...exercising is good anyways, so what does it hurt to keep it up! 
I have felt the baby move quite a bit lately so I guess he or she is pretty squirmy.  It is a wierd feeling and of course no one else can feel it yet, so I feel a little guilty that I can't have Beau feel it yet. 
In summary, Beau, I and baby are all doing very good! 

Profile

Foot

3D - Face
3D - Face with arm and leg

3D - Face and arm