I guess the biggest thing to update is that my wonderful friends threw me a great baby shower. We got some great, essential gifts. So we really feel ready for the baby to come now...we have a car seat, stroller and lots of blankets. I washed the blankets and diapers, so we are ready to go. Also, I washed all the clothes we have, which is honestly not a ton, but that is because we don't know the gender. I think when the baby comes I will send my mom and Beau's mom out to grab some more clothes for me because they will be here...I am sure they won't mind. You may have noticed I said I washed the diapers...yes, we are going to try out cloth diapering. I actually haven't told a lot of people because I thought they would think I was such a hippie (although what is wrong with that?? I have a little hippie in me) or I thought moms with experience would shake their heads like, poor thing, she has no idea. I hadn't actually thought of diapering either way, it just never crossed my mind...then one day I was reading my friend, Jennifer's blog (actually I haven't even told her yet that she sort of started me down this path or even that I am starting down this path). Anyways, she posted a blog entry about doing some cloth diapering on her daughter to help prevent/heal some diaper rash. I thought, hmmmm, cloth diapering, interesting...what is that all about? Then I thought, those diapers she is wearing sure are adorable. Luckily, Jennifer provided some links on her blog for more information (she is really good about that...my blog isn't quite up to snuff with hers!) I mentioned it to Beau, who was slightly skeptical but not against it...he just had questions that I didn't have the answers to yet, so I read, read, read, read AND read some more...all about cloth diapering, then I went to visit a couple places that sold cloth diapers where I also got more information. Anyways, I told Beau after all that researching that we were going to take a stab at it. I am excited about it...we have lots of cute diapers washed and ready to go!! They are all very cute and really look a lot like disposable diapers with velcro or snaps to close, so no pins and dishcloth types. Anyways, we will see...I am excited and optimistic about the whole process.
Okay...enough about all that. We had two ultrasounds and nonstress tests since my last post. The baby looks good, my fluid looks good and no contractions so far. The first ultrasound they estimated the baby was about 6lb 8oz at that time....YIKES! Our baby was estimated 6 1/2 pounds at 34 weeks with 6 weeks to go....my, my, my. They didn't measure the baby's estimated size last week but will do it on Wednesday when we will be at 36 weeks. So we are definitely on the downhill slide...December 3rd is still the date scheduled for induction, but we are wondering if the doctor may not move it up a little bit if the baby is approaching 8 pounds by our next ultrasound...we will find out soon enough. Bigger babies is one of the risks of the gestational diabetes, which actually creates other risks also. My blood glucose levels have been good overall and I have been very good about watching what I eat and taking walks, so I am doing all I can, I will just hope it is all enough!
That's it for now...we will update next week after our two doctor appointments.