Beau and I are expecting our first child in December! We are very excited! We went to the doctor today, I had been there 3 times already, but just for blood tests. My doctor specializes in fertility issues, and although I did not see her for this, they still check blood often for all the different hormone levels, etc. Today we got to see the doctor (and check more blood). She did an ultrasound to measure how far along we were, so we got a little peak. There wasn't too much to see, it is so tiny still...but at least we got to see something. We got to see the heart beat, pretty amazing that something so small already has a tiny tiny beating heart. She measured that the baby was only 4.4mm which she said means we are just over 6 weeks along, not quite as far along as we had thought. She is currently predicting a due date of December 9th. Seems like a nice time to me, I would prefer it wasn't born too much closer to Christmas. I realize I have no say on that now so we will see. Anyways, my next appointment is in about 3 weeks.
So far so good, the last week (3-4 days really) I have become much more tired and have been nauseated throughout the day. I was reassured by my mom and Beau's mom that this wouldn't last long, but then today the doctor said well it could get worse before it gets better...yikes. I will just hope for the best and keep drinking ginger ale. I feel lucky that I am able to work from home a lot of the time. I am headed to Oklahoma for work next week, so I will have to prepare.
